Friday, July 10, 2015

Eastern European heritage

This is not the first book that I have read nor it is my favourite. However, it is the last one that I have read and reviewed, so I am just going to share my thought about it today. 


Friend-Zoned by Belle Aurora is not my first book by this author. Her style is quite fresh and cute. I find it pleasurable for my 25 year old mind. Not sure how younger audience will respond to it though (have in mind that this is and adult romance book). However I highly recommend it for those who are in search of an easy-going and stressless read for the summer season! You can check out her books on here!

Let me tell y'all that Belle Aurora is a chameleon. Her style is something you can recognize  but her stories are very different and her heroines always have something specific to them. Something typical for the story in hand that makes you like them oh so very much. And Valentina Tomic is one of them.


There are so many things that made me like Tina. For instance, she is a survivor. She is smart. She is witty. She is positive. She is sweet. She is caring. She is loving. She is a total goof! Despite all the things that have happened to her she still finds the joy in life.


Nikolai Leokov does not smile often. He leads a life that does not have a light in it. Mediocre. He has a nice job, good friends and a loving family. However, his reasons to smile are rare. Until one day a girl, who does not do sad, decides to give him a piece of candy. Niki smiles and ends up being a friend with a hurricane of a woman. But being in the friend zone is something new for him. Will he be able to keep it friendly. Or will the chemistry between Nikolai and Valentina finally win?



And to make the story even sweeter Belle added an amazing clique of friends and additional characters. The latter contribute so much to a story. A story without additional characters is bland and tasteless. And the bonus? We will get a story for each of the members of Niki and Tina' s posse! Yey!


There are a lot of things I liked! However, there are some things that were off. Well the story was a bit hasty. Sometimes the situation at hand was solved pretty fast and without additional drama which is nice, I guess, in a way. However, I prefer to have my time to get in the emotional state of the hero and to feel what is he/she feeling. And to be honest the parts when I was reading from Niki's POV were a bit controversial. I mean some of those were not manly thoughts. Too deep at some point. Not that I have been in a man's brain ;) However, Niki is one nice bossy ex-gang member book boyfriend material.

Bottom line...I am so reading the next book!

Read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment